Get Legal Support After A Serious Car, Truck Or Motorcycle Accident

When a vehicle accident causes a serious or fatal injury, you and your family will need compensation to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.

Without legal representation, however, it is very unlikely that you will recover the amount of compensation you need. As an individual, you will have little chance against the insurance company’s team of lawyers.

Serving The Space Coast And Treasure Coast Region In Central Florida With Integrity And Dedication

At The Law Offices of Platt Cole Russell & Simpson PLLC, we provide Florida injury victims with experienced, strategic personal injury representation. We know how to fight the negligent party’s insurance company. Our Brevard County vehicle collision lawyers strive for favorable settlements but are prepared to go to trial when that is in our clients’ best interests. Contact us today. You can rely on our skills as negotiators and trial attorneys as well as our dedication to achieving results for clients.

Melbourne Car Accident Attorneys Working For The Compensation You Need

Drivers, passengers and pedestrians injured by negligent motorists are typically entitled to compensation for losses such as:

  • Property damage
  • Medical bills
  • Lost income
  • Pain and suffering

Working with medical experts, economists and, when necessary, accident reconstruction experts, we determine liability and calculate damages.

We have represented clients in vehicle accident injury and wrongful death claims involving:

When an injury or fatal accident is caused by a driver who was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, we can argue for punitive damages in addition to compensatory damages.

Frequently Asked Questions About Traffic Accidents

Bring us your questions, such as those below, and we will offer personalized answers to fit your unique circumstances.

How long do I have to file a claim?

To be eligible for compensation through your auto insurance’s personal injury protection (PIP) and MedPay, you must have gotten medical treatment within two weeks of an accident. If another driver was partially or totally at fault, you have up to four years to bring a claim or lawsuit against that driver. If your family member died in a fatal crash, the statute of limitations is two years.

What if the driver who hit me doesn’t have insurance?

Sadly, this is not a rare occurrence in our state. According to the results of a 2019 study by the Insurance Research Council, Florida ranked among the top 10 states in the percentage of uninsured drivers in accidents. If this was true for you and you have uninsured/underinsured (UM, UIM) coverage, you may make a claim through your own insurer.

What if I think the accident might be partially my fault?

According to Florida’s comparative negligence laws, the compensation you are eligible for may be lowered by a percentage equal to your percentage of fault. Do not discuss fault with anyone but your attorney. Work closely with your lawyer to ensure that the degree of fault attributed to you is not exaggerated.

Who will pay my medical bills after an auto accident?

If you have health insurance separate from auto insurance, it may pay part. Your own auto insurance will pay up 80% of the costs, up to a certain amount, depending on whether you were at fault to any degree. If your costs exceed the allowed coverage and another driver was at fault, you may pursue a claim or lawsuit against that driver.

What compensation is available after a car accident?

Typically, the PIP on your own auto insurance will cover 80% of your medical costs (including medical services, surgery, hospitalization, rehabilitation, diagnostic services and ambulance costs) up to a maximum of $10,000 if your injury was an emergency or $2,500 for nonemergency injuries. If your car insurance policy includes optional MedPay coverage, it may pay the other 20% of the total costs. If your costs exceed these amounts and another driver was at fault to any degree, you may bring a claim or lawsuit against them, most likely through their own liability insurance coverage.

What should I do if the insurance company isn’t treating me fairly?

This is a common occurrence. Whether you are battling with another driver’s insurance company or your own, you may need to bring a lawsuit against the insurer. A skillful advocate on your side may help you resolve your case before taking it to trial.

Free Consultation – Central Florida Vehicle Damage Attorneys

Call toll-free at 800-479-3032 or contact us by email to arrange a free consultation with our Melbourne auto accident lawyers.

Client Testimonials

Simply the BEST representation available in Brevard County
~ Carol

Client Testimonials

Expert, Professional, Courteous, and above all else…Relentless
~ Wendell

Client Testimonials

An attorney who will fight for you.
~ Jacqueline

Client Testimonials

By far the Best Around
~ Jamie